Thursday, May 24, 2007

Things are looking up . . . literally!!

I just looked and seen thats its been a little while since I've written. To fill you in: I finished my trip to the DC, never did get a chance do go swimming though. I also ended up being promoted. I am now in charge of one of our customer service divisions. Its quite exciting really. Full staff it will be 9 people in all that I will be responsible for. I say full staff since I have to replace 4 of them. The good thing is they were all promoted to so its not like we had to fire anyone. I loathe the day that I will have to perform that function, but until then I am quite happy interviewing people. Its exciting. Its always something that I wanted to do so it was actually something I enjoying despite the fact that it can be grueling. The thought of putting together a whole new team is nice. We have some good prospects so its only a manner of time before we are at full staff again.

That all being said, I am looking forward to the weekend. It helps that my office is closing at 1PM tomorrow. That will allow me to get a head start on the weekend. It would appear that Brian is working this weekend so I am on my own again. Its ok I have some plans in place. Tomorrow night I head out to Holyoke, MA. ??????? Yes I know, what would posessed me to go out there? Well my best friend will be coming down from VT. He'll be down to crew for his friend who I believe is getting his ballooning license. I could be wrong but it definetly is about a balloon and flying one. They are a little short staffed so yours truely will be going along as navigator. No I am not going to fly, at least not this time. Basically the ground crew has to be directed to where the balloon lands, since balloons don't exactly have rudders or wings there is only so much direction it can take and the ground crew has to go find it. I'll be sure to bring along my camera and even though I won't be getting any aerial shots this time, I think I'll still be able to get some good shots of the balloon. We'll be launching the balloon Saturday morning so I'll be done with that come noon time. Then who knows what I'll do.

Sunday I will be going down to Mohegan Sun, to see Kathy Griffin. It should be a good time plus I just found a $50 bill in a book of mine. So I'm hoping its lucky Sunday, it wouldn't hurt to have a little more cash around. Monday I think will be spent on recooperating from Sunday, and since Brian may work I have no idea what I'll do, but at least I will have had a productive weekend by then.

1 comment:

  1. Great job for your first day crewing, isn't it fun to get up at 4am??? =)

    Thanks again, we owe ya a couple rides next time you are up in VT!! Now that Mitch has his instructor rating, it might be me taking you for your first ride!

    Mat

    ReplyDelete