Sunday, October 19, 2008

<< Warning: The Following Post Contains Sappy Language, Some Material May Be Unsuitable For Some Viewers>>

All of us dream of a happy ending. Canned fairy tale love affairs coupled with castles, knight in shining armor, chivalrous and romantic to the core. I had my share of these dreams. I've stared night after night at the ceiling of my cramped bedroom starry-eyed and dreaming of that imaginary figure and in what form they would take when they came into my life. I have definitely had what I thought was my Camelot until it all fell apart in an ending befitting the best Arthurian legends. For a good long while I thought those dreams were behind me, the fancies and spirit of youth tempered by experience of age and practicality.

It is a rejuvenation of the soul to realize that all may not be lost. Be it Fate, Kharma, Magic or even downright good luck whatever it is it will turn the tables when you least expect it. I have been accused of being cryptic in my blogging. While its true I don't like to give the whole story away for the information super highway to read, I will make a brief exception in this case.

As you all know I've started dating someone. He's as kind as he is handsome. With the ability to put a smile on my face despite my worst day. He's given me back a perspective that I thought I had lost and all I can think about is making him as happy as he makes me. Fate though is not without a sense of humor. For time is running out. Very soon he will be departing for Europe for a month. It is a positive thing as he is going on tour with his band, but I can't help but feel a bit saddened. Mere months ago we had no idea of each others existence, a few dates quickly revealed how much we had in common but who knew that would include friends as well. It has been one exciting ride ever since. So Thanksgiving this year will be extra special as it will mark his arrival back here.

Until then though your going to here me go on and on from time to time. I still have my other pursuits that you will hear about. Tomorrow I have a post on the Ghost Tour coming. For now though I'm wishing you all a good night.

4 comments:

  1. So glad the magic worked out for you!

    We had a great time meeting him on the Ghost Tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he had fun too. Even after the group hug. LOL He won't be here for the Thanksgiving party though but soon after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so happy that you're so happy. It was a pleasure meeting him and we hope the month apart "magically" passes quickly for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I to am happy for you, however the next time I learn of a development like this thru my wife and facebook, there will be hell to pay.

    Oh, and I have totally one up'd you in the youtube war today... theme and everything for todays highlights!

    I'm a naughty boy, naughty naughty naughty naughty!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete