Monday, June 1, 2009

The Incredibly Fabulous Life of the Un.Employed Mr. Earley

I know the title is a bit campy, and despite what you may think camp is not necessarily one of my shticks. There is an inside joke there for those who see it.
Any ways today I guess you could say is day one of my new life. I didn't count the weekend for a couple of reasons. A) It all kind of blended together B) It was just the weekend. Today was the first day I would have been at work had I not decided to leave. It was weird. Unlike most other days. Normally if I were to take a day off I would have gone somewhere, since I really didn't the first half of the day felt more like a sick day. I felt like I shouldn't leave the house cause I was sick or something. I shook myself out of that funk around noon time. Just in time to get a text from my friend Melanie.
Melanie having been out of town for the past week and a half missed all the goings on and stuff so we had a sushi lunch to start to catch up. I realized as we were leaving there really was not enough time. What can I say? I had a busy couple of weekends. It was good to see her though, its unusual for me to feel so close to people at a job I once had. I know its only been a couple of days but still. These people I worked with for years. We've laughed we've cried we've kicked some serious ass. I guess it was only natural deep relationships would form. I also wanted to see her so she could bring news back to the office that despite photographic proof to the contrary (thanks Shawn) I did survive my going away party.
I think I will skip over the details of the party and the rest of events this weekend. If you were there you know what happened, if not the stories that are circulating seem far more scintillating than any description I could give. Suffice to say I had fun Friday and Saturday. Sunday was just plain weird and proof positive that I don't seek drama. It just has this uncanny ability to find me. Seriously all I did was sit at a bar stool and BAM! drama.
Its my first blog in a bit so maybe you were thinking you get a little more, maybe something a little deeper. Nah not this time. Just getting back into the swing of things that's all. I went to the gym earlier today. I'm now making it a point to get to the gym in the morning so I can start the day right. I actually did a great grocery trip today. I got these things called vegetables. I should say previous to this I did eat them but they were more pre-packaged. These are fresh I actually have to use a knife to cut them and take time to prepare them. I'm a little proud of myself. Screw that a lot proud of myself. I hadn't realized just how much of me seemed to start to slip away.
So tomorrow I am going to the beach. I haven't decided which one at this point but I know there will be one. Most likely Wednesday too. This week and next I am going to treat as an extended vacation of sorts and unwind. I think I am freaking my roommate out too. I don't think he can quite comprehend what I did or why, but in a way I even have trouble with it at times. So I can't blame him.
I bought myself a nice little compact camera tonight as well. My old one is just not that portable and frankly is getting quite old. So I picked up a nice little treat on sale and will put it to good use tomorrow. Stay tuned for pics.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment