Thursday, December 28, 2006

30 the not so nice number

So maybe I should write more often considering my last post was in '04 and we are just about to close the books on '06.
Well that also means its getting close to my birthday and this one seems to be bothering more and more each day. Pretty much since about 21 I stopped really putting to much signifigance on my brithdays as there seemed to be just a bad string of things that used to happen on or around them. Seriously wars, earthquakes, blizzards, and ice storms have all happend on or have affected my birthday. Now I'm not sure what global crisis will befall us this January 17th but I'm certain it will not have the same emotional impact as turning 30 does. (thats a bit vein, I know, but its my blog)
Brian just turned 30 but he wanted to be 30. I'm not sure why, for me I guess its the realization that I'm getting older, but its just not me. Its everything. I guess I too like to live in a state of denial. I'm older, so are my parents, so are my brother and sister, and so are my friends. Decisions and choices I always thought would be left for tomorrow now should have been addressed yesterday. Where does the time go? I know this is alot of griping so I'll stop.
One of the very few benefits one has for having a birthday so early in the year is that you can make a new years resolution and stick to it for your birthday's sake. In my case I guess I'll make a few resolutions. Brian asked me early today what I would do. I wasn't sure then but after thinking about it I have come up with the following:
1. Have more fun!
2. Get in better shape (not pear shape)
3. Reconnect with old friends.
4. Explore new friendships.
5. Just be a good person.
I know its general but it will do for now. Let me know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment