Friday, December 29, 2006

Half Days

So I'll get into the issues and drama that is my job another day, today I want to talk about the one thing that this company does that reminds me of my bygone days of being in Middle School. It is the concept of the half day.
My company has generously given us a half day today so today I'll be leaving at 1PM; hopefully to go shopping downtown. I have a nice $100 gift certificate to The Tannery that is burning a whole in my pocket.
There are two mindsets to half days at least at this company. The first is where I usually fall.
1."FUCK I only have 4 hours to do all this shit before everyone leaves!!!!"
2. "Surfs up on the internet, this day is done!!"
Unfortunately I can't usually share in my coworkers joy of such a day since my life becomes that much more hectic, but once a year during this special time of year I can actually enjoy the half day. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of stuff that could be done but its not overwhelming, so why shouldn't I be able to finally enjoy the half day like it was meant to be. Maybe after work I can get a group together and go to Bickford's. (only those in Southern New England will get that)
So New Years seems to be a small gathering which should be nice for us since past New Years have found us in hermit mode. I'd love to do something in a big group like go to Boston or yet maybe even New York, but I am not good in crowds. Just ask Brian how many times we go to clubs, I think he's lost the definition of the word club its been so long. We went to Chicago in May and went out to a few clubs and some social gatherings but that was quite enough for me. I just get this wierd social anxiety when it comes to crowds. I just don't know what it is. I can speak to them but being in the middle sends me to panic attacks. Its just not pleasant, and since I'm not a big fan of better living through medication I deal.
Anyways I only have a few hours left of work so I really should get back to it, after all I got a lot of internet to cover.
G

No comments:

Post a Comment