Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dear God . . . What's Happening to Me?

First things first lets take care of a little business. I want to give an update to a previous post concerning my family member who had taken ill. As luck would have it there is not much to worry about anymore. A biopsy has confirmed that what we had thought was cancer was just benign scar tissue. You have no idea what a relief it is to hear it.

The effects that the past events have had on my life though are far from fleeting. In fact I think they have been strengthened. What does that all mean? Who knows in the long run. What I do know is that for far to long now I have been idling one could even say passionless. Its about time I find that passion again. Reignite those fires. The last thing I want to do is look back on my life after 30 years and see that I was consistent. I want to be the guy who gets to tell all those stories about his travels and adventures. I want to be happy. So its past time that I do something to get there.

So far I have been weighing several options in my life, and things that I once thought were paramount are now taking a back seat to what my life should really be about. Today I actually found myself enjoying some country music. What the Hell? Bottom line is times are a changing and so am I.

4 comments:

  1. If you're digging country music, bite the bullet and come down south. I bet our realtor can find you a great deal on something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! I'm so relieved that things with your dad are OK! Cancer sucks, and he's been through enough already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT news on the family member.... Really glad to hear it!!

    Now, NO post on your awesme trip to Canada??? Nothing about your several rounds of Martini's?? Or your GREAT friend arranging a flight for you and his wife over Ottawa?????

    What's a guy gotta do to impress ya???

    Speaking of, move your butt up here, I need a crew chief......

    ReplyDelete