Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Dawning of A.I.

Ever stop to think that maybe the A.I. that they warn us about in the Terminator series may not be Artificial Intelligence. I submit its the collective American Idol A.I. that we should be worried about.

Anyway, so last night I heard it in my lungs, this morning I felt it in my chest, and this evening you can hear it in my voice. I obeyed the siren song of OJ this morning and am getting some rest. While this is not going to be any kind of blockbuster cold I know its imminent. Sigh, I have had enough of this cold season. Maybe I should volunteer and move someplace warmer. Well at least it should be a relatively slow weekend. All I am really doing is picking up a friend at the airport and going to dinner on Sunday. I'm not quite sure what I am doing yet Opening day, but I know I want to see the game somewhere if I can't snatch a ticket or two from somewhere.

I feel oddly calm these days. Yes things at work do lead me to believe that there is a thing called the Bizarro universe, but all in all I feel confident in what I am doing. Its been awhile since I've felt that way. This year is going to be fun and an adventure for sure. I've been checking out the Boston Institute of Language and looking at their Summer Immersion program. In four weeks of work I'd be speaking fluent Mandarin. The thought of studying is positively exhilarating.

1 comment: