Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Do You Believe in Magic?

You know when I was growing up I used to love watching the David Copperfield specials and thought it would be cool to be a magician. Then I got older and realised that its not magic, its all tricks.

20 years ago the only way we would be having this conversation would have been on the phone. There were no Laptops or PC's and if I were to describe to you what we are doing now it would seem beyond belief, but it wouldn't make it any less real today.

So do I believe in Magic? Yes just not the poison apples and love potions. Magic is wonderous. Its the thing that makes a dog walk half way across the country to its owner. Its the connection to a loved one that you feel despite how far away you are. Its our own ability to heal and forgive from the gravest of wounds.

Please forgive me for being so esoteric this evening. You see I can't help it. I haven't mentioned anything on here lately but I think its about time. You see I've met some one, completely unexpectedly. Which is I guess what they say will happen. To be honest I wasn't quite sure how he felt about me until today.

As my co-workers know I go to lunch at Fresh City and today was no different despite the driving rain. What can I say, Nora and I are creatures of habit. Well we made our way back in and around the corner to my desk and I immediately see two balloons over my cube. The balloons were connected to a nice little vase of purple flowers being hugged by a Teddy Bear. I barely got out the words "oh my" which let everyone know I was back and suddenly every woman who wasn't gone was at my desk as they had seen it being brought in. Yes I did turn red, I was not embarassed as much as I was taken back. OK maybe a little embarassed too. Of course the cat was out of the bag at that point so they all got the story, and while I still believe that Valentine's Day was created by Hallmark to make an extra buck after the holidays, I can't help but be giddy.

You know I once thought that "romance was dead". Now I'm not so certain. I think I may have just found the man to renew that faith I once had. I know I am breaking one of my cardinal rules about blogging about my dates but in this instance I feel justified.

2 comments:

  1. Seeee, I told ya so...... even elvis never had days like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!

    Sorry we missed the party on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete