Sunday, April 13, 2008

Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter

Well this weekend went by fast. I guess I had fun which always makes it go by faster. Went shopping and spent some time with Rob on Saturday and Sunday was spent in my old stomping grounds. Never knew a town so small would could stir up so many memories. So Sunday I found myself in Millis. The Roche Bros. specifically as I was getting some last minute things for Jeff and Moe's Shower/Bachelor Party extravaganza. The place had not changed much. Not that I had expected it to, it was just odd, like I had just stepped back in time. Finishing my errands I quickly headed over to Medway for the party. It was a good group of people and some are my closest friends most of which I had not seen since either my party in February or even as far back as the Tarot party in January.

I won't spoil Jeff's thunder by writing about his gifts, I'll let him do that on his own blog, however they did range from the tragically funny to the humorously practical. It was pot luck so we all brought something. Apparently most people had Italian on the mind since we had plenty of Lasagna, Meatballs, and Anti-pasta. I too was in the mood for Italian having brought over a bucket of Comella's Grandpa's mess. I also was in the mood for a good drink and learned that Mimosa's need not be made of just Orange Juice. I found replacing it with Pomegranate/Blueberry Juice to be even better than the original.

With plenty of food eaten and gifts open we darted over to Milford en mass to Pinz for some bowling. It was a fun time but it did illustrate how bad my wrist is getting. I'm at the point where I should really talk to a Dr. about it. I wasn't much good for more than a couple of strings and a few balls were painful to throw. We did have some cake which Martin made from scratch no cake mix, no frosting in a can. The real thing through and through and I was impressed.

Some people got to go for a ride in my new car too. Which I was very excited about. The whole day was fun and its only the first of many wedding related events going on for me in the following two months. Jeff and Moe will be getting Married next Saturday. My best friends Mat and Tina will be tieing the knot in mid May and my own sister will be rounding out the month of May. So there will be no shortage of party or events to attend.

In truth these are all important people in my life but I can't help but feel a bit of disappointment. It was only a few short years ago I thought I would be married before each of these couples. Now I find myself back at square one. I am not devastated over it mind you, because even if I had been Married before them I would have gotten a chance to experience the Ugly Divorce as well, and that would have made it that much worse.

So I say to them this: Enjoy the time you have and never take a day for granted. There are no certainties in this world but if you are honest and open with each other you will have a soul mate for the rest of your life. I couldn't think of any couples more deserving of life long happiness and I'm glad to be part of your special days.

3 comments:

  1. You'll get your chance!

    I'm glad you were able to make it - Moe and I really appreciated the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I can vouch from my experience with Tina, sometimes the right person will just drop right in front of you one day and suddenly all the turns that got you to that point suddenly make perfect sense......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is never planned. 40 years ago I went to a party. The guy who was supposed to be the host's blind date turned into your father and my soul mate. It is from that kind of love you come from and it is that kind of love that will find you when you least expect it.xoxo

    ReplyDelete