Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh, What Fresh Hell Is This?

Ever have on of those weeks were you just can't get ahead of things. This week and last were both those types of weeks. So it is with much joy and anticipation that I look to my vacation next week. There's just a few things I want to say first before I begin.



1.) Commerce Insurance / AAA have no concept of customer loyalty and must not care about there business.

2.) AMICA on the other hand does live up to its reputation as being excellent in customer value.



That being said lets move on. I had the distinct honor a couple of weeks ago in attending my friends' wedding. Finally after over a decade of dating and some major lobbying at the statehouse Jeff and Moe were able to be married. What went from being a possibility of a washout turned out to be a beautifully sunny day. Especially out in Sherborn where the wedding was held.



The reception was good and everyone had fun. Perhaps a little too much fun (eh, Sharon). All I do know is that there was plenty of dancing and fun. Although my shirt needed to be dry cleaned the very next day. Someone who shall remain nameless planted there face into me and upon getting home I discovered that my shirt looked like the Shroud of Turin. I would have taken a picture but I figure then someone would want to buy it on E-Bay. Come to think of it that's not a bad idea.



I was also able to experience my first Boston Marathon. I don't think I will ever be at the point were I could run it myself, I'm more of a sprinter. My apartment was pretty much on mile marker 22. So early that morning I set out to watch the people go by. I should have left earlier. At the point where I needed to cross to get to Rob's building there were too many runners. I figured I would be the guy that ran fell and caused a mass pile up of bodies.



So I patiently waited my turn. It was then that some old curmudgeon of a man decided he wanted to cross the street. He walked with a cane, at a snails pace and decided that the Marathon had to wait for him. I'm surprised the man did not meet his maker that day. He could have easily been trampled or worse clocked out of the way, and I wouldn't have blamed the runners if they did. Instead they sort bunched up and banged into each other as they avoided him. I guess you can be allowed to be rude when you get that old. He could have very easily been helped by the officers that were 10 feet away.



Enough about the old coot. We walked down to mile marker 24 which conveniently was Coolidge Corner and watched the people come running down, at this point they are really just a little over 2 miles from the finish and they are in better spirits then back where we were. Keep in mind I live just on the other side of Heartbreak Hill. Pretty much after that its clear sailing as far as hilly terrain. What surprised me the most was how good everyone looked, there was no crawling on the ground like they have on the news and such. Despite that fact though I had heard from one of the EMT's that there was at least 3 heart attacks. I can't imagine wanting to run that badly.



It was a great weekend and that extra day off helped. So I decided that I would extend my time in Vermont next week and make it a whole week instead of just a long weekend. I am looking forward to it. I have a few things wedding related to do, and visiting my friends will be great, but I have also sort of scheduled little expeditions for myself. Just little things here and there that I have not been able to do before while up there. I'm hoping to get outside alot more as well.

Until then I have a bunch of work to do to get ready. I have a coupon for a free audio book download I am not sure what I will get but I know I should get something for the long ride. I also have an event on Saturday night I will be attending. It should prove to be interesting. It will be the first time ever I'll be going out with a knockout blond woman. LOL Mom would be so proud.

1 comment:

  1. NOW, WAIT A MINUTE..... Mom IS proud without a knock-out blonde at woman at your side.... After all, you are my best oldest son aren't you? XO :)

    ReplyDelete