Thursday, May 29, 2008

Let Me Tell You About My Perspicacity

So while I am on lunch and over caffeinated I figure I would put up a list. As most of you know I am avid reader and as a natural side effect you expand your vocabulary. Normally I don't use words like the one in my title, its just pompous. Of course as Elizabeth would tell you I'm pompous anyways so that's why I am breaking out the big words today and one day only. I don't mean to Pontificate but over the years there have been several words that I have used over the course of my career which have vexed certain co-workers. I wish to share those magnanimous words with you today.

Malaise
Venture
Usurped
Manhandle (apparently others can use the words just not me)
Indicative
Jaunt
Pallid
Credence
Conundrum
Ambiguous
Contention
Quaint
Obligatory
Verbose (how Ironic)
Urban Sprawl
Slacks (apparently it makes me sound like I'm 50)

How about you? Is your vocabulary just copacetic or do you have any words that cause people to cringe? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment