Thursday, May 29, 2008

Zero to Hero In No Time Flat

Welcome to what I hope will be a regular occurrence here at the Key of G. We'll try it weekly that way I can be sure to at least post something throughout the week that's topical. I can't promise prose but it will be contemporary, most likely political, hopefully funny, and probably bitchy. Just wanted to let you know what your in for. You don't agree post a comment, if you do agree post a comment. If I enlighten and cause you to ask question something my job is complete, but if I offend you probably haven't been on the Internet all that long because there is much more objectionable material on the net than little old me. So without further ado:

Thursday May 29th 2008

Conservative commentator and guest host of The O'Reilly Factor (da Factah here in Boston) Michelle Malkin made waves this week when she complained about the new Dunkin Donuts ad featuring Rachel Ray. What could she possibly have to say about this decades perky domestic diva? I'd complain too if I had to watch one more commercial from the overly caffeinated Up With People personality. However the criticism was not over her spunk but with her scarf.

Apparently according to Malkin's keen fashion sense; Ray's new look closely resembles that of a Keffiyeh. Although worn in many Arab nations in many different variations. Malkin is asserting that Ray's scarf is none other than a direct nod to Muslim Extremists comparing it to the one commonly adorned by Yasser Arafat. Michelle honey, that's paisley not PLO. Over my many years of visiting Dunkies I never thought my Medium Regular was covertly being used to support the destruction of Israel. If that's so why do they sell Bagels?

Malkin, you like the sound of your voice and its sad that you use your soapbox to continue to drive a wedge down the cultural melting pot that is this nation. All Muslim's are not extremists, you don't want to buy DD's coffee fine, I submit to you that you may want to hoof it from now on because where do you think the gas from your car comes from. Your claims are ridiculous although not surprising considering your support of Racial Profiling during the latest War on Terror and the Japanese Internment Camps of WWII.

Until I walk into the local Dunkies and have someone call me an Infidel; you Michelle Malkin are this week's Zero.

On the Flip side!!

Who's that out in Left Field??? Holy Crap I think its Scott McClellan!! Who knew my first Hero would be Scott. Tuesday this former orifice for Right Wing propaganda released excerpts from his first Book What Happened. In it he unabashedly criticizes his former boss. Stopping short of telling us that the President out-and-out lied to us about the reasons to go to war in Iraq, he does say "I had allowed myself to be deceived into unknowingly passing along a falsehood," and further he says that the President "managed the crisis in a way that almost guaranteed that the use of force would become the only feasible option." Well well Scott what took you so long? Maybe this is how long it takes to build a conscience, even if it is a little guilty.

The Whitehouse's response was as familiar as it was reaped with irony. "Scott, we now know, is disgruntled about his experience at the White House," said current White House press secretary Dana Perino, a former deputy to McClellan. "We are puzzled. It is sad. This is not the Scott we knew." I say ironic because it was Scott himself who back in response to Joe Wilson's book The Politics of Truth; which chronicles amongst other things his wife's outing as a CIA agent, called Joe "disgruntled" and "disappointed at his appointment in the current administration".

Well Scott for your new found conscience and ability to eat crow I crown you this week's Hero!!

I hope you have enjoyed this weeks Hero to Zero file. If you like it please comment; if you don't let me know as well. Until next time I leave you with this quote from Abraham Lincoln ~ America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment