Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Fillings

Well its been about 3 hours now since I got my fillings, and feeling is starting to return to my mouth. It is admittedly a bit sore but not nearly as bad as my coworkers led me to believe. In fact they had me believing that I would need root canals, and crowns. I had visions of looking like an 80 year old women with false teeth or some bad rapper with gold teeth. I got there a little late as there was a bit of traffic on the highway from an accident. It looked like someone started driving down the wrong side of the highway. Honestly I know that it can be hard driving around Massachusetts but how hard is it to look at one or two the road signs that say wrong way.

Anyways as I was sitting in the reception area perusing a travel magazine the Dr. came in and took me away. He confirmed that yes based on my x-rays I will only be getting fillings. Damn just when I settled on Diamond encrusted crowns in the shape of G's on my teeth. Well theres always next time.

Ok being bored I have taken to watching some TV. Ughh I don't like to watch to much tv but I have become addicted to some Tv and in Tv's defense there is some damn good programming. Had this been a couple of months ago this list would be different. ( I say this as I am utterly bored to death with the American Idol){seriously Sundance Head???} Anyways here are my solid picks for TV.

1) Heroes - maybe its the inner geek thats being played to but this is some solid writing as well as a compelling story. This plot was well thought out. Lets hope their sophmore season is as fresh and creative as this one. If so NBC's got one hell of a hit on their hands and it takes on Fox's 24.

2) 24 not surprising. Some said this show jumped the shark a couple of seasons ago. Well I'm not going to argue that it lost sight for a little while but this show does continue to bring some quality entertainment. Heroes just nabbed the top spot for me so I watch Heroes but download (legally) 24 from itunes.

3) Battlestar Galactica this show is definetly one of my favorites. However lately since new caprica the show seems to be grasping for an audience and direction. Right now I don't think they know what they want to do. Yes we need some character development but there is just too much mundane right now. Although from what I here last Sunday's episode was good, I would not know as Itunes did not have the ep up last night so I had to download tonight. Maybe its place will change after I watch it.

4) The Dresden Files I think this is filling the whole left behind by X-files and Buffy. Its not as good as Joss but its decent. I prefer reading the books though. Its very reminicent of the Dark Matter books that came out a few years ago. I wonder if anyone remembers those? Anyways Sci-Fi eye candy at its best.

5) NBC Thursday nights, namely the office and 30 Rock. I am not going to go into it with the office since everyone knows about this one. I was pleasantly surprised by 30 Rock though, I like Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin, but a show with SNL people that just screams flop. I guess this show is the exception to the rule I give mucho credit to Tina for this one.

( Jared Cotter please go home you sound like a bad lounge singer, and worse you did a Stevie wonder song. There should be a moratorium on his songs I have never seen a show drag down an artist such as Stevie. Sorry another Idol moment)

6) Finally The Black Donnelly's. This show is only 2 shows into its runs and it looks hot. Even hotter with Tommy shirtless but I digress. There seems to be a good writing team, but I am still not sure how they are going to play out the Johnny Ice Cream character all season. I am worried that I am just going to see him as a plot device and grow to hate him. Well only time will tell.

Honorable mention must be given to a show that has not even aired yet. Its an FX show that I must simply watch because it has my favorite comedian in it. The Riches will air this weekend on FX starring Mini Driver and EDDIE IZZARD. I watch the crappiest movies just because he's in them. Give it a shot hopefully it will deliver, and will be on Itunes.

Alright time to go find out what the hell happend to Brian as he should have been home hours ago.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see The Riches. It looks great.

    I've had one filling ever. I go to a 'painless' dentist. No drill, no weird stuff. It took all of say 10 minutes to have done.

    Oddly enough, I still have anxiety attacks EVERY time I go to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete