Friday, March 30, 2007

T-minus 11:04:16

That's right.

8 full months. I have been without a place to really call my home. While I do appreciate the fact that I was able to live somewhere all that time; I will be quite pleased when I can have a place of my own and have people visit again.

I don't want to jinx anything but things seem to be looking up in several areas of my life now, namely the impending move and I believe there are some changes on the horizon at my workplace. Allot of factors are involved so I'd rather not post about them just now. Now many of you may not be aware of the fact that I grew up as a Roman Catholic, but I did and still to this day believe that there are important morals and life lessons that need to be learned. That particular religion does not hold the key on moral superiority, neither do most, but you can take various pieces of wisdom and use them to live your life. Lately the phrase "The Lord helps those who help themselves". No the intention is not to be greedy and overbearing its meaning is to tell you that despite what hardships you have you ultimately can be responsible for fixing your own situation. I don't literally believe that the old man is up there and taken a particular interest in me right now just because I started to focus in on what I really want in life. What I do believe is that I have set the ball rolling and have pulled myself out of a rut. While doing so I have been able to act on particular opportunities that I would not seen, had I been in "hermit mode".

There is a lot to do this weekend, as both my personal life and work life are crashing into each other. Tonight is prep work for tomorrow's move, tomorrow we move Brian (for awhile), my two closest friends, and myself finally on Sunday I finish up moving and take the rest of the time working as things are changing at work. Its allot but its a very exciting time. I feel renewed which is good because I have put allot of time, effort and money into everything and for a Capricorn that's the Holy Trinity.

One final note. I do not have any Internet set up at the apartment yet, so my postings may be few and far between for now. I have to decide which company to go with as both RCN and Comcast service my building. Right now I'm leaning more towards RCN, but we'll see what Comcast can do for me. I'll make sure to answer peoples e-mails I know I have left some unanswered. No Internet and TV for awhile will be a small price to pay for my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment