Thursday, January 3, 2008

Anyone have $5 Billion laying around I could borrow?

Before I start I just want to say that I have been doing lovely on my diet and exercise routine so far this year. Granted its been 3 days but its always harder in the beginning. However there have been things I have been doing all along to contribute to good health. So I am very cognizant of when everybody else decides to jump on the band wagon. Today was one of those instances. I went to Fresh City for lunch (gasp!) I know I go there all the time, and if you are reading this and you are a co-worker stop laughing. Anyways the point I want to make is that so many people have made the "lose weight" resolution that they now pack the place in. Yesterday was way to crowded and today the actually had someone stand out front and tell people how the lined moved in case it was there first time there. I can support the better eating bandwagon but if you are not careful you can be just as bad there as anywhere else. There was one guy today who it was obviously is first time there. I am not thoroughly convinced that he was there for any better eating. If he was, then just because he ate the salad bar does not mean he did himself any favors. His salad consisted of a little lettuce, a slice of cucumber, salami, turkey, shredded cheese, bacon bits, regular blue cheese dressing, and croƻtons. Oh and I left out the egg. I don't think he's going to be feeling any lighter after that, but who knows it could be much better than what he normally eats. Who am I to judge.


Anyways about the $5 Billion. I need it so I can purchase something. O000 what could it be? Well apparently The Weather Channel is up for sale! OK stop rolling your eyes!!! Do you know what fun it could be. I mean imagine it! I always loved the weather and had believed at one point in time that I would be a weatherman. While shoes have been good to me I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if I stayed on that path. I think it would be fun to own the station. There would be so many graphics and stings that Fox News would be put to shame. Local weather could be updated to something a little more appropriate that muzak versions of Michael McDonald and Kenny G.

Think about it not only would it be cutting edge graphics and information, but it could get a little more personalized. We could have the Shoe Forecast. Letting people know what kind of footwear they need to put on for the weekend. The Weekend outlook will let you know if you should be heading to the movies or walking the beach. It could let you know where all the cool parties would be. Storm Stories could focus on conditions and the stupid people who ignore them and cause accidents like all those SUV's. Well its just a thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment