Friday, January 25, 2008

It's Made of People!!!!

First off let me apologize. My last post was on the seventh and it is now the 25Th. That's almost 3 weeks. A good chunk of stuff has happened since then. I had a birthday (31), I have been going to the gym, and oh yeah working! I'll be glad once its February. The good news is my company is doing well so we are looking to end the year on a good note and it makes you feel good when you know that you contributed to a part of that.

This weekend I'm going to a party and we will be having a personalized Tarot Card reading. I think it will be great fun. I know my friend Moe did one for me a couple of years ago and a lot of the stuff happened to come true. So I will be curious to see what the professional has to say. My boss gave me a good site to go and read your horoscope. Its called AstrologyZone.Com just click on that and you'll be brought to the reading for January if you want your own just select your own from the drop down list. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I will be in store for a good year. That's good news considering what a bang up year the last one was. For instance this is how it starts:

The year 2008 is just made for you! Last month, on December 18, Jupiter, the great planet of happiness and good fortune, moved into Capricorn for the first time since 1996 to stay until January 2009, a full year. This marks the dawning of a whole new era for you, one that will erase so many of the disappointments of the past.

Erasing disappointments; I like the sound of that. Well its my year to make it happen. I already made a major goal of mine this morning actually. For the first time in years I clocked in under 300 lbs. I have no particular shame in reporting that because I know it will never happen again. I thought I did that some years ago when I was on Atkins but I know the scale was old and unreliable. I feel much better this time around, and healthier I might add. I'm well on my way and with the new exercise regiment and good "diet" I am consistently losing from week to week and that matters more than a number on the scale. Plus I am feeling lighter which is always a good thing. If I keep up this trend I will be in great shape this summer. Why is that so important? Well I plan on going to the beach but something I have not shared yet was my major motivations. I want to be able to hike, not just a hill, but a mountain again. Not a big one. I don't want to delude myself but I used to do that in school and I miss it. I got so out of shape and did not realize it. I do like being outside, sans the bugs of course but I can deal. During my short lived career as a Boy Scout I got a few Badges one naturally was cooking, another was Orienteering. I loved plotting courses and hiking. So this summer I think I am going to pick a mountain and do it. Hopefully someone will want to accompany me.

OK I need to vent a little. I'm doing my weight loss thing right, and in the morning I have these Muffins that are made of sprouted grains. I have been eating these things for over a year now and despite the obvious Christian overtones to the brand I enjoyed it. You may have seen them. Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain muffins. Great stuff especially toasted. Since processed food is the devil this in turn must be the shining archangel of breakfast delights. Here is an excerpt from the Bible verse that inspired the food:

"Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..."

So all good stuff, and sprouted grains means more fiber and while trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle more fiber is better. It cleanses the system and absorbs toxins and other nasty bits that you don't want in you. However speaking of cleansing the system our find friends over at Food For Life must have stopped reading after that passage because Ezekiel 4:12 says:

"And thou shalt eat it [as] barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight."

WWHHAATTT???!!!! I am not lying that's the verse. One can only wonder why that was left out of the marketing material.

2 comments:

  1. anyone up for Mount Washington...

    or should we start a bit smaller?

    I'm around all summer - just let me know when you want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, and I thought only soylent green was made from people, now muffins too???? I am glad you took my hint and updated your blog, I was getting bored reading the old one! Elvis would be so proud of ya....

    ReplyDelete