Monday, June 23, 2008

Only In Newton?

So I am in a much better mood today. Mainly because I sucked it up and went to the gym today. I have been getting a little lax and have noticed a pound or two start to creep back on. I worked very hard to get rid of them so that's the last thing I want. So at about 7 I left work and headed for the gym, I surprised myself in my workout and will probably pay for it tomorrow but there were some aggressions that needed to be extricated. Now I'm home writing with an endorphin high, which do more wonders for you than any drug you can take. Or at least I would imagine.

So I work in Newton. If you've never been its rather a unique town. Collectively I think the population takes a dump maybe once a year. Its that uptight. The people can be so anal retentive that there ass as its own gravitational pull. I know this to be true because most times my foot just wants to kick them. After about 6 years of working here I never fail to see a week where someone tops the rudest or supremely narcissistic behavior from the week prior. Seriously some of these people are downright evil and will go out of there way to make you have a bad day. Driving is bad enough. No one stops for people in cross walks, and no one lets anyone out on to the main road even if they are stopping at a red light. Last week I wanted to pull out and this one guy saw me sitting there trying to get out and he SPED UP to a red light so I couldn't go and waited at the light. Then as it came time to go he crawled away all the while looking at me. What an Asshole. Its not like I did something wrong to him or cut him off he was just an ASSHOLE.

There is a reason why Newton is one of the safest places to live in America. It was almost the first again until that little murder last year. Criminals don't bother, they take one step in the town and go "Shit! This isn't worth that aggravation". I do need to give credit where it is due and I will say that for the most part the business that I frequent on a day to day basis are really good, and they put up with a lot of shit from there clientele. New England Soup Factory, Pie Bakery and Cafe, The Biltmore, Dunn Gaherin's, and Holly Cleaners are all superb in their customer service and know how to treat people like people. Some even, gasp!, build relationships with their regulars.

So now you know what I see and deal with on a daily basis, so tonight coming home from the gym its about 9:30 at night and I am driving down Winchester in Newton and I look over and this guy is walking down the street in full leather garb. I'm serious. Leather pants, leather vest with no shirt and gut hanging out. I had all I could do not to swerve off the road laughing so hard. I mean the guy looked like he just strolled out of the Ramrod. So is THIS what Newton is like after dark? Seriously the only thing tight on this guy had to be his chaps. Well here's hoping that the folks in Newton find a happy medium and relax a little or the town will have a stroke.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome.

    I work real close to Winchester street in Newton too - found you a few months ago via Jeff's [esoteric diversons] blog. I'll keep my eyes open for Newton's latest leather superstar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beleive the term you are looking for is "entitled", thus the behavior. No one is as good as them and they don't mind letting you know it! To quote a reliable source, "If it rains, they will drown because their nose is stuck up so high in the air."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not EVERYONE in Newton is a tightass. Just most of them. I live there, pretty near where you were driving when you saw Mr Leather, and we're about as entitled as... well, a squirrel living in Newton. We don't think we're entitled to anything, mostly because we're not. As in, we're poor. Really really poor. We live there for the schools, which is a real laugh and a half, considering I'm in the middle of suing the school system for screwing up my daughter's special education so badly.

    Yes, there are TONS of Massholes in Newton. But everyone once in a while you find a wicked cool person. Few and far between, but we're out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, there is a nice, friendly place where people actually let others cut in line and will wave someone out that is trying to get into traffic...... only a 3 hour drive.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you're going to be at Jessica's par-tay this weekend - if that's the case - we'll see you there.

    ReplyDelete