Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Update

Smörgåsbord: 1. a buffet meal of various hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, salads, casserole dishes, meats, cheeses, etc. 2. an extensive array or variety. It is that second definition that describes my weekend. Certainly filled with its highs and lows. I watched a movie, travelled to Maine, and even went on a date. Those were definitely the highs. The lows came later with a healthy dose of introspection. Its not that I am unhappy this evening its just that I am not in the normal peace of mind I have come to expect these days. So I will try to keep this short.

1. I saw the Hulk. Not as good as Iron Man. But it has Iron Man in it. Either way 2008 is proving that Marvel knows how to transition there characters to the big screen. Its a shame so many of there other more "famous" characters are owned by Sony and can't be touched without them.

2. I was in Maine early today touring the York Harbor Inn. Nice place to stay even if the decor in the rooms is a little to ecclectic. They do have an amazing brunch. As it was comped we had no problem with having the run of the menu. I will give them major points for actually having a fresh Bearnaise sauce. Its very hard to come by and in many "brunch" places the choice is a reconstituted Hollandais.

On the way back we hit a small storm that was strong enough to knock some patio furniture into the streets. I also was able to pick some bread from the When Pigs Fly Bakery. Yumm.

3. Finally the crux of my weekend was my date. I know I was nervous on Friday. I know now that I can take a look back and laugh at myself. Its amazing how much a person can psyche themselves out. Fortunately for me my date was a charming gentleman who actually believes in the art of conversation and the art of Martini's. hehe I digress though. It started out a little rough as the outside dining turned out to be more of an outside Sauna with no shade, and I need to give thanks to the the jackass who dropped there lit cigarette down the subway ventilation shaft. It caused a small fire that required two trucks to show up with horns blazing. Not that I minded since the fire was effectively smoking us out. Had I never been to this restaurant before I would probably not be going back. Anyways some shopping and a few Martini's later and all was right in the world again.

Now my weekend is over and my work week will begin a new. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood tomorrow and right more. Sorry kind of blah tonight.

1 comment:

  1. sorry i didn't get back to you on Providence Pride - we got wrapped up into going to Dighton Rock and then Newport.

    ReplyDelete