Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Is it like ripples in a pond or a bullhorn in a library?

I am utterly amazed at the speed at which information is broadcast these days. Of course I should have known when I updated my Facebook profile this afternoon that word would get out. I just had no idea it would be out so fast and far. Broadcasting a change in relationship status gets a little more attention than just a normal update of what your doing for dinner apparently. After the damage was done though I could of taken down the post but I thought to myself why should I.

In all that is going on in the world it seems like some things are really coming to a turning point and where some see trepidation, I have a more positive outlook on things. Banks will crumble, jobs will be lost, will it effect me? Possibly or even more likely. I know that my heart is in the right place though. In this time of stress, really the one thing that we should all be able to count on is each other. No one person ones the rights to privilege or suffering. I have been seeing it more. People coming together bonding through common experiences to get through some trying times. Pardon me for this terribly Up With People moment but its just the little things I have been picking up on lately.

Anyways getting back to what I was talking about earlier. So I have met someone. No surprise since I have been dating off and on, but I'm surprised at how it all happened. Who knew just saying hi on facebook could lead to anything? Well it has and I'm happy. If you know me well then you either already have the story or its on the way. I won't say too much here other than to say that my life just got a whole hell of a lot more interesting, and I wanted to leave you with one final thought: The thing about fate is that it never takes you were you want to go, but to where you need to be.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Ok, banks crumbling could effect the status of the Earley suite my boy!!!!!!!

    That being said, you owe me a phone call!

    ReplyDelete