Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Question: What do you do to re-leave the stress of job hunting?

Answer: You cook. Or more precisely I make meatballs.

If one thing has improved since my excursion south its definitely been my culinary repertoire. Certainly not my blogging, which I pledge to change. Today I made meatballs from scratch. I'm never a fan of the prefabricated meatballs one gets in the market since they really don't taste like meat. So I made my own and I think I have perfected the mix. My style of cooking is very simple. I prefer to make things homemade. Store bought items are often times to processed and contain GMO's, High fructose Corn Syrup, unnecessary fats and unpronounceable salts. In the long run I think the extra time I take to create a meal may actually just extend my life a little longer than those food additives could.

I think I perfected my recipe today; producing a superior ball that holds up well whether one chooses to fry them or bake them. Definitely writing this mix down for future consumption. It just has to pass one last test. That would be the taste test. I already fried up one to make sure the seasoning was right, but the final thumbs up or down goes to Dave. While it is rare I ever get a thumbs down, I do have some things I could improve on.

Tomorrow is a big dinner at home though. Dave gets to have his first traditional New England Boiled Dinner, Corned Beef and Cabbage to all of you outside the New England Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment