Sunday, November 11, 2007

All good things ...

The one thing that I thought I may do more of was blog during my vacation. Apparently that was not the case. It was not for lack of substance as more than enough has happened to me in a week. I must say that I did get a chance to relax this week. So I will be refreshed when I go back to work. This will be help out alot as we now head into the end of the year crunch. I should be thinking of work for this week but I can't bring myself to think of things just yet. I suppose that will be what Monday morning is for.

I must admit I was liking living out in Charlton, not that I am planning on moving anytime soon, but I know this city life is not for me, and my time is numbered there. I'll make the best of it while I can but I need to be away from it. All in all I had fun this vacation for not going anywhere. Next time I will but here's hoping someone will be able to go with me too.

As much fun as this has been though I have to go back to work no matter how much I don't want to. I have been able to appreciate each day of my vacation since I knew it would be ending. I wish it was a lesson that could have been learned earlier. Not that I go about being unappreciative but there are some things you just think will last forever. They become so much a part of you that you can't imagine your life without it, but then when the inevitable happens you are caught that much more off guard. In the long run though you'll be fine and probably better off but if there was ever a case to prove entropy it would be life.

Dealing with what life gives you is what makes you who you are. When all to often life throws you a curve ball you have two options. Deal with it or run away. I have chosen the far more difficult one, I'll admit even to this day I feel the urge to just run away, but I am fighting it everyday to better myself. By doing that I am forcing myself to recognize the good that comes out of each day; so that nothing is taken for granted.

1 comment:

  1. "Everything that has a beginning has an end", although from the same series I prefer "there is no spoon" for true earth shattering wisdom. Of course, back then my earth shattering questions at nite were always "do you think elvis ever had days like this?

    ReplyDelete