Monday, November 12, 2007

Its like getting into a cold pool ...

Thats what today was like. After a week of not being at work I was looking at my first day of work with a little trepidation. Whether you jump right in or torture yourself inch by inch I'm finally back in. Fortunately for me the pool was not as cold as I thought. I have alot of work ahead of me but nothing overwhelming at the moment. Which is good, I can at least rest a little bit and get some stuff out of the way.

Now I have my eyes on Thanksgiving. Its going to different this year, I won't be splitting the day between two families and traveling around the state. It also looks like I have been drafted to help make Thanksgiving dinner. Not that I mind it. It will actually be good to cook something that will be appreciated. I did get the word though that there will be no Chutney this year!!!

Huh?! Yeah every year my grandmother who's diet consists of cream of wheat, toast, and bananas (and the occasional Blue Moon) makes a chutney. What the hell. Mind you its not like I have ever seen her eat the stuff. Now I like a lot of foods and so does my dad, but the chutney is blah. But its there every year, and it doesn't get touched. Finally this year I think my Mom broke down and said, don't make it. Lord knows why she made it in the first place. But thats what the holidays are for.

I picked up my glasses today. I'll post some pics later once I unpack a little more.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the inevitable holiday fruitcake....

    92.9 has already started playing xmas music....

    ReplyDelete