Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Shoulda ... Coulda ... Woulda

Well another day another dollar. Its times like these that try my patience. While we are making positive changes at work I can't help but be a little disappointed when things start to back up. I know we are doing a great job but it just shows that we still have some opportunities to improve. So with that things can be a bit stressful.

When asked to today what I wanted to do, I had a laundry list of things that I should be doing. Which was immediately dismissed as an answer because it wasn't what I wanted to do. So again I was posed the question. What do I want to do? I really was flummoxed. I mean so much of my life is defined by what I should be doing so I find it difficult sometimes to sort out the "I want"'s from the "I should"'s.

So what do I want? I guess its what everyone wants. I want to be happy and I want to do those things that will make me happy. I want to do those things that inspire me, that make me want to challenge myself and ultimately be a better person. Next step is incorporating those things into my life. I mean I do like my work and I do love what I do. If I didn't it would not make any sense for me to stay. I just have to remember to treat yourself. After all "what's the point in living if you can't feel alive?" Luckily I can incorporate those things that I want to get out of life into my routine. For now I am enjoying my metro experience and I think I'll do it for a while longer. I know though that I will want to eventually move on out maybe out to the countryside and up to Vermont if not over to the coast of Maine.

That's a more long term goal. Right now I want to relax a little more and enjoy a nice stroll at night. Like I did earlier. I want to go on little day trips to Vermont or the Cape. I want to see a show or two. I want to laugh. Fortunately enough for me I have also found some who wants to share in those same experiences, and ultimately I want to be able to share it with him. So now I know what I want and oddly enough work wasn't on the list. I guess I am not hopeless.

Have a good night everyone and remember to do more of what you want and less of what you should.

2 comments:

  1. sounds good and I wish I could.... don't have kids and pray that your mother doesn't turn into your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom, you know you are going to have adopted red haired grand kids soon enough..... =)

    ReplyDelete