Sunday, March 2, 2008

The weekend was too short, and so is this post.

Well I before I start I want to draw attention to a new blog here on blogger. You'll find the link to the right in my friends list. Rob'd For Your Pleasure, I know rather tongue in cheek humor. I have to admit I like the name. I recommend it to those who enjoy reading my own blog. I'll admit I am a little biased considering since I know the author intimately.

So last night I saw a movie, it was all be it a TV movie, but a good one just the same. The Five People You Meet In Heaven, based on the book of the same name. It really drove home the thoughts I had been having about meeting people. The premise that when you die before you go on to Heaven you meet up with five people who you have effected during your life. They teach you the lessons that you may have missed in life before you can move on. Basically the moral of the story is that we are all connected on some level and strangers are just family you haven't met yet. You are connected to everyone you interact with and the simplest actions do effect others. So think positive thoughts!

It doesn't have to be the best friends you had for years, it can also be the waitress you gave a bigger tip too that made her night. You could definitely effect your parents, but you can also just as easily effect your employees by showing them that you respect them. We are all here for a reason and unless you are planning on checking out, we all want to live and survive. Maybe its this conscientiousness that makes it hard for me when I see people being rude. Its what makes me sad when I see someone so self centered that they can't see the impact they have on others around them. Well I guess "Ignorance is Bliss" is just not a cliche' any more.

Well I'd write more but I have been told that my posts can get long. So here's a short one.

No comments:

Post a Comment