Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"LUKE, I'm your Father!"

ugh

So a well over do trip to the Doctor has revealed that I in fact have not been suffering from some persistent cold with a lingering cough. I in fact have bronchitis and pneumonia. The odd thing was I didn't feel that bad and until recently did not realize how much my ability to breathe had been compromised. Near as we can tell I truly did get a cold back around Thanksgiving but before it left it developed into bronchitis, which left relatively unchecked developed into pneumonia. Did I mention that my asthma hasn't been this bad since I was a teenager. Well now that it is known what I have the next stage is getting better. This is the first time I came home from the pharmacy with a brown bag full of prescriptions, and lets not forget my new gift from the Dr. Its called a Nebulizer and its designed to deliver my inhaled steroids right to my lungs. While using it I sound like Darth Vader complete with vapor for effect. Afterwards the steroids leave my feeling and looking like Whitney Houston during the withdrawal years. I'm jittery, nervous, spastic, and for some reason can't stop shivering. I had been accommodating for this illness for so long that I forgot how sick I was. Ever since my appointment yesterday I have gotten progressively worse, almost as if I have finally given myself permission to be sick. Its very weird. So I am taking the day off from work. I hate to use it so early in the year and I know there is a lot of work to be done, but I keep reminding myself that this is what sick days are for and that if I don't take the time I won't get better anytime soon. So I will take a day and be back tomorrow just need a day to get on these meds and get acclimated and rest and I should be back on my feet again. As disgusting as it sounds with this new machine and meds I am wheezing more and coughing up more junk. The doctor says its natural because before my lungs weren't even open enough to do that much.

I am not telling you all this to complain, for what would I complain about. I am sick, and it was my own fault for not persisting on going back to the Doctor a few weeks back. Mostly I am just telling you so you know whats going on with me and second let it be a testament that there is a difference between the power of positive thinking and living in denial. If your not alright GO TO THE DOCTOR. "You don't know the power of the dark side."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShKEc0qumy8&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. "I am your fathers Uncles Brothers Cousins former roomate"

    "So what does that make us?"

    "Absolutely nothing, I just thought you should know!"

    Elvis

    ReplyDelete