Monday, January 19, 2009

Year of Projects

Maybe it should be considered a character flaw, maybe its a sign of a burst of creativity; call it what you will but I find myself with a glut of projects I want to do. Of course none of this has to do with work. That's a different beast. All of it is personal and in most cases artistic or creative. Whether its writing, carving, burning, mixing or cooking I got a project for it. 2008 was the year of the ideas so 2009 calls out to me to be the year of finished works. Its time to put nose to the grindstone and make some of these lofty goals a reality. The best part is though its all fun stuff. So it doesn't feel like work. At the same time though I still want to have fun, and I need to take a more active role in the social calendar this year. Instead of looking for those events to go to and waiting for invites; I'm going out and making them and being creative about it. Its not necessary to spend a lot of money just to hang out with people. I say this as I plan on going to Mohegan Sun this weekend. But its true and I intend to be doing a whole lot more once the weather gets better outside. For now though we have to find things to do inside. Like this weekend in case your not a friend of mine on Facebook feel free to check out the Coolidge Corner Theater for Saturday nights movie hosted by Johnny Cupcakes. Yeah I know its late but live a little why don't you. Nothing is more awkward than when I meet people in a bar or out anywhere really and I ask them "So what have you been up too?". Their reply is usually something along the line of "work and then I come here". Here being the aforementioned bar and such. Well that's all fine and good, but it leads to a quick conversation since I can't usually relate to that. I prefer to go and do stuff; anything, something, not just TV, not just Karaoke. I don't mean to offend and if I do, I apologize, but my life needs to be so much more than that. Maybe that's what others are content with but I am not. I'm not proposing you kill your TV and abolish the drink, but do get out and experience something. Don't repeat a song already created by someone else. Don't settle for watching a life less ordinary when you can live a life less ordinary. Create music, go sledding, make a sauce, do something and I guarantee you a day to remember and a story to tell.

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. I got a hot air balloon with your name on it this summer boy......

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could always all head out to the slopes and go skiing...or at least enjoy the lodge!

    ReplyDelete