Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dreams

What is it about dreams that can make the difference between having a good day or a bad day. Normally one can have a good dream and be nice all day. A bad dream can you leave you moody and restless. Well the last couple of days have completely screwed me up. Sunday night I had what many people would consider a bad dream. Although upon waking I was energized and felt like I could take on the world. Last night I had a very good dream, but today its left me sad, depressed and listless. I can't believe I should be routing for bad dreams but I don't think I can take many more good ones. I suppose if I had the choice I would much rather not dream at all right now. Reality is far more dramatic. I know part of my problem is the shear amount of work I have to do, and I think its not letting me deal properly with current events in my life. I wish I could say things have gotten much better for me. I think maybe its time to take a long hard look at my life and make some big decisions. It won't be easy but I think it may be the only way I can grow.

Someone once told me they wanted to have "higher highs" in their life. I agree that can be fun. Inherently you can't always live your life in a high; otherwise you have no place to come down to for support. I think we all would like to have a good time but its a balance that makes life possible. If you spend your life running from one 'high' to the next, you'll end up with a life of running, and maybe the people who cared about you the most could not keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment