Monday, December 17, 2007

Do You Hear What I Hear . . .

I know a lot of you liked my post from a couple of weeks ago concerning the Christmas songs that just weren't quite right. Well in what looks like to be a big cosmic foot in the mouth event it turns out that Dan Fogelberg has passed away. He died at the age of 54 from complications with his battle with cancer. It is sad really. However I believe his song came up as number 2 on my list of songs to avoid. Before it was kept to a certain few stations now they all play the song in his memory I heard it twice today in the 6 minutes it took me to drive to the hardware store I seriously contemplated sticking the drill bit in my eye as it came on the store's music system.

Sorry I've just been in a mood today. Not sure why exactly nothing has happened really. Just know Christmas is coming and while I have been looking forward to it and have actually filled out cards this year I can't help but still feel a bit out of sorts. Yes I know its because I'm single now, and this is quite a major holiday to go by without thinking about Christmases Past. Well when I look back there was definitely something there that I don't have now and it makes me sad. Its like your favorite sweater the day after it rips. It really won't work, you can't really fix it and you can't find another one just like it. You just have to find another one and hope it doesn't tare like the last one. Well I'm missing that sweater tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about picking on his song, I once told a teacher that I hoped she dropped dead and that night she had a stroke.

    Hope you do enjoy the holiday and since we probably won't see you beforehand - have a very, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all are part of our past Christmases. It is what we do with the present that helps us be what we will be. And, I know you will be stronger and better in the future. Looking forward to spending time with you again this Christmas my precious son XO

    ReplyDelete