Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I left my Voice in Chicago

So it has come to pass that I have returned from Chicago. Would it be an excursion of mine if I did not manage to get myself sick somehow. Its probably because I pushed myself to get through the week before. OH well at least this sickness is not a flu or even a cold. It just happens to have been my throat. I can't tell you the last time I had Laryngitis. I haven't been able to speak right since last Sunday. The trip to Chicago was good even though I was sick I was able to get a lot out of the trip. I was able to meet up with an old friend and meet someone who will one day become one. Remarkably despite my poor health they were able to have a good time while visiting. Of course who can resist a hot tub and steam room. Really the steam room at the hotel was the only thing that got me through the week since the air was so dry every where else.

I did get a chance to visit Giordano's and sample an authentic Chicago pie. Although my appetite was not the best so most of my meal ended up with the valet at the hotel. I know what its like to work at a hotel having done it for a few years so I know its appreciated. Well the front desk staff at my hotel was a bit snobby so it was there loss. Besides I think the valet guys appreciated it more.

Tomorrow I will write more on what I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment