Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 A Year in Review

Well this would mark my first successful year of blogging. Since I started posting on Blogger I have had now 100 posts including this one. I suppose if there was ever a year for the record books this one would be it. Not that I thought it would be the case going into the year but here we are another year older and hopefully that much more wiser.

I can say that this was the first year that I actually stuck to my New Year's Resolutions, at least for as long as I can remember. What were they? Well to save you the trouble of digging through the archives they I'll display them again since I think they really are going to go forward into this year:

1. Have more fun!

2. Get in better shape (not pear shape)

3. Reconnect with old friends.

4. Explore new friendships.

5. Just be a good person.


This year also brought some of the biggest challenges to this list, but so far (knock on wood) I have turned out OK. Some would say better for it. I have learned a lot this year, and experienced the gamut of emotions that it entails. I have played the part of Sinner and Saint, I've spent more time searching my sole than the channels on the TV. I forged a new sense of self out of shards of a broken heart. I learned that unconditional love is a concept beyond some, and that sacrificing one's own self in the name of love can do more harm than good. I learned that its not having emotions that can be an issue its how you act on them, the actions of one person can have a multitude of effects not foreseen.

I've met new friends and have possibly gained a few enemies along the road. I have had some great trips and late parties. I have played the hero, and have been played the fool. I have received rewards for my years of work, and have lost more than I ever thought I gained. Its definitely been a year and while some might suggest it would be one to forget, I would say it is one to remember for all time. It was one of those defining times in my life. Who knew? I always knew I dreaded 30 for some reason, but while last year I went into it with trepidation this year I go into it with hope and cautious optimism.

I have no idea what next year will bring me; however, I am determined to not let it get the better of me. It can't possibly be as turbulent as this year, but I may find myself eating those words next year. We will just have to see.

I believe that you can't force things, they have to come in time. There is a natural flow to this universe and there is such a thing as Karma. I tend to believe that I am a just person so I know that one day those that wronged me will find there own lives effected. Conversely I know that I need to lead myself in a good way otherwise it will come back to me as well. So first on the list is 1) To be a Good Person.

I had made great strides last year in getting into better shape. I am now involved in 3 weight loss competitions for this year. I plan on being a major threat in all of them. This year will be the most fit I have been in awhile. So next on the list is 2) Lose weight and become fit.

I've made some good friends this year and I'm looking forward to developing those relationships. I know alot of people too so hopefully I will have quite the social life this year. I do love all my friends otherwise I would not be spending my time with them. So next is 3) Value the friends I have and be open for new relationships.

Whether you call it the river of life, or just plane old opportunity knocking its true that we are all in it. Change is the only constant, some change is good its called evolution, you learn from it. Change can also be bad, but you need to also learn from it so as not to repeat the pattern. So next on the list 4) I believe that I am here for a reason, what that is I can not say, but I know that as long as I leave myself open to life I will find all the opportunities I could ever want.

Lastly somewhere in there with making friends and leaving myself open to exploring life's little mysteries I hope to find someone who wants to share in the adventure. I have found that you can't force it and it evolves naturally. So where I won't say that I will be stocking the next Mr. Right. I will say: 5) Infatuation is fast, Passion can be a flash in the pan, but Love is worth sticking around for. Its every bit more elusive, but I am hoping to find it one day.

I think the idea of past live is intriguing and while I am not really committed to the idea I do sometimes think that maybe if such a thing were true I was an explorer in my former life. I've been described as an old sole and that I seem to just know things. Well I don't know if that's true but what I do know is that this life is an adventure and as with the best of them they have their treasures and their sorrows. Personally I am enjoying the ride and look forward to tomorrow.

Finally I wish you all Peace in this New Year and much thanks in your readership. I look forward to talking to you all in the days to come, and for those of you who have not said hi feel free to do so.

Good Night!

2 comments:

  1. Have a Happy New Year Garrett!

    See you tonight too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year bud. Elvis himself never had a nite or a year like you did, but you came thru it and you are still smiling. Thats more then a lot can say.

    ReplyDelete