Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

Well, I hope everyone is not disappointed with todays post. I have had a few friends comment on my lack of updates during the past week, and today I had two comments from complete strangers. So its time to give the public what they want.

Trust me a lot has happened in a week, its hard to say where to begin. Well lets start with the reviews.

First Cafe Jaffa is a lovely Middle Eastern Restaurant on Gloucester St. Where's that? Well its just off of Newbury Street. An excellent place for a first date in my opinion. It has great food at prices so reasonable you will be able to pick something up on Newbury St as you walk back up it to the park. The atmosphere is quite and quaint in a small location reminiscent of a pizza place. I can say from the experience that the Dolmas (stuffed grape leaves) are a great appetizer served with a tahini sauce that I quite enjoyed. One of the best judges I have of a place like this is how good the rice pilaf is and it was excellent. You will find normal dishes that you would find at other middle eastern/greek restaurants but it all seems good and fresh. Since I was there on a Thursday there did not seem to be a crowd and the staff was happy to let us sit and talk awhile. Anyways if your on Newbury and want a nice place that won't smack you with pretense Cafe Jaffa is it.

Second Green Briar Pub, seems to be a nice spot in Brighton with a few creative dishes. The place is a little loud it is a pub after all but the food is good. There also seems to be quite a large college crowd, but given the location that is to be expected. I had a great salad finished up by a dessert that could have made up my caloric count for the day. Luckily I shared it. Chocolate Peanut butter Montechristo. All I can say is its chocolaty, and peanut buttery, and served between to pieces of French toast. It was great, and an indulgence I'll only do once.

Parish Cafe in Boston. 361 Boylston St to be specific. Its open late and I have been wanting to go for awhile. It turns out its a great place to go after a movie. I will talk about the movie later. The Restaurant is a great little place off the common and the defining factor here is its menu. The drink menu looked good but it was late and I did not feel like being to adventuresome so a rum and coke was the order of the evening. Anyways the menu here is what makes the difference. You see the sandwiches and the entrees are designed by the top chefs in Boston. For example you can tast sandwiches designed by Ming Tsai, Michael Shlow, Susan Regis, and Lydia Shire to name a few. The menu constantly changes but some favorites remain consistent. Even if you don't know those people and haven't dropped a few bills in their restaurants you can at least take comfort in knowing its damn good food and there sandwiches are no less excellent. I for one had the Summer Shack. It was a great fish sandwich designed by the one and only Jasper White. While desserts looked excellent we passed considering the time and the fact that we had a great hummus plate for an appetizer.

Before hand though I was able to watch one of the smaller movies thats come out this summer. Sunshine was its name. A small Sci-fi drama that told the story of a crew set out on a mission to restore our Sun to full strength since some cosmic accident had caused it to dim and caused a perpetual winter on Earth. Who's movie was this? None other than Dany Boyle whose previous movies include Trainspotting and 28 Days Later. Several elements of both films work there way into this movie. One of the things that this movie did was prove to me that Chris Evans can in fact act. Fantastic Four may have been a fantastic fan boy movie but it does nothing for the resume. Anyways good solid sci-fi story that would be a good alternative the normally serialized movies that come out in this genre. If you can't see it in the theater it would be a good rental.

Ok reviews aside. I know people are wondering about my life as well. Well I didn't go to any of these places alone, so it would be safe to say my relationship is Blooming (LOL) (Oh I'm pathetic). This weekend I had a great opportunity to meet some really cool people. I was a little nervous at first meeting them but after a little while it became obvious that I was starting to fit in. Personally I'd like to see them all again soon. They made me feel welcome and I look forward to the next time we get together. Eventually we'll see my friends and I think things should go as well. Saturday was a good time. We were out in Dudley which is closer to my old stomping grounds it was a nice day to be outside. There was great food, and better company. We even had a rather large fire. It cooled off quickly enough and fortunately the clouds were kept away because Saturday was the start of the Perseid Meteor Shower. Now you would have definitely been able to see more on Sunday at its peak but alas I was in the city then and there were clouds. Still though we could some. A lot were small bursts of light but there were a few larger meteors that hit at the right angle to glow and leave trails. I wish it was something I could have taken pictures of.

I'm sure there were will be ample opportunities to talk more about them in the future. Right now though I have more pressing news. In an incredible turn of events yours truly may end up on a TV screen near you. How is that possible you say without taking over the airwaves and cable companies. Well you get yourself on the television movement that has revolutionized TV in the past decade. Yes sir you get selected to be on a reality TV show. LOL which one ?! Well if you had to guess I wouldn't pick the Real World. Do in very large part to my friend Jessica we stand a very good chance of being selected to be on the next season of THE BIGGEST LOSER. I say very good because she's gotten the call backs now we just have to make a little movie about us and then we'll hear back in September sometime. I don't want to jinx anything so I won't say anymore, but this would be a great opportunity. Its not often you get a chance to be on TV; how can I walk away from that?

Well I think I have typed enough for one night. I hope that is given you all enough to think about for awhile. I'll talk to you all later and promise I won't skimp on the blogs again.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment