Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday Already

What the hell happened to the weekend let alone the week. Last I knew it was Wednesday. Work has been work, but my life outside it has been able to keep me partially sane. Of course it didn't help that I put in a full day's work yesterday. It helps in making Monday go smoother but had it not been for some friends I would have been woefully unrested. Thursday and Friday I was in all day training courses at my work entitled "Manage to Lead" Although I was able to take away some great skills in the arts of Motivation, Feedback, Goal Setting, Delegation, and Communication it came at a decent price. No work got done those two days so hence the need to come in on Saturday.

Well I was able to visit the Natick Mall err Natick Collection (WTF) on Wednesday and I was relatively pleased with the new renovations. As I get older I am becoming less and less impressed with Malls. The last Mall I would say I like would have to have been the Providence Place Mall. Alas I never really find that I am in or around Providence anymore. At least there they still have (or at least I thought they did) an Illuminations shop, which is essentially a more high brow candle store. Anyways back to Natick. At first the Mall (damn!) At first the Collection seemed to be no different than before, that is until I got to the center of the place and looked to my left and a whole new section was born. It looked good, and I found our new Clarks store. It was nice and fully stocked. I then continued walking down towards the end and a good number of stores are not open yet. I figure that is why they didn't stop me and ask for a credit check because damn they've got some expensive stores in there. I know I can spend money occasionally but Neiman Marcus, Tiffanie's, Louis Vitton all with several others dominated the end of that section. I don't think I'll be seeing much from that part of the mall.

I didn't get to see the rest of the place since it was getting late and I needed to meet up with my friend Jeff. We were going to meet at the Joe's Bar and Grill. It took me about as long to walk out of the mall and maneuver around the parking lot to get there as it took him to actually drive from Ashland. Guess where I am not going Christmas Shopping. Dinner was good and somehow the waitress was able to coax several rounds of drinks out of us despite the fact that we never did get our soup and salad. It was a little late by the time I got home but personally I didn't much care.

Work was work, but I did manage to fill up some events on the old social calendar. I don't think I'll be going to LSC this year for homecoming. I have a house warming party to go to and I can benefit from saving some cash right now. I do believe I will be having a rather active October though. I have been talking to my best friend Mat about going up there and visiting maybe on Columbus Weekend. Then I know the weekend after that I am kind of busy as I have recently acquired some tickets to see Wicked. Which is getting really good reviews by the way. I will be going with my Mom (stop laughing, its her birthday present). Then I have also have plans the following week to head down to NYC to see Margaret Cho. I haven't seen her in a couple of years and she was quite entertaining when I did so I am looking forward to that too. I am hoping that the weekend after that my friend Moe will have put together his Spooky Ghost Tour. One can only hope, and just like that the weekends are booked up, maybe I can squeeze in some apple picking.

One more note before I go, to all those fans of MST3k (Mystery Science Theater 3000) I ask you to please point your browsers to this site . Why? well go to it and find out. Alright fine Mike Nelson and Kevin Murphy are still at it. This time they are taking on more mainstream movies, some are good some are flops. You have to experience it to appreciate it and they have free samples. I have done this and it makes some of these movies absolutely hilarious.

Alright enough for now. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. "Suddenly I have this refreshing minty green flavor". Ya wanna find me a good xmas present, score me a copy of that movie... I wish we still had those bootleg copies we made in college on VHS.....

    ReplyDelete