Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Temptation

So I can't tell you the last time I actually sat down to watch television before tonight. I needed to take a little break from the exercising. Tonight I figured I would watch a little and what do I get for my viewing pleasure? TEMPTATION which seems to be a bastardized version of a game show I really loved as a kid. THE SALE OF THE CENTURY was what it was called back in the 80's and I loved it. Now this abortion of a game show is here to try and carry on its name. Its pathetic and even disguises itself as a game show when in fact it is little more than an infomercial. No substance no challenge just lots of commercials and before the commercials you get an opportunity to call a 1-800 to get special deals on products. I am not kidding. It is that bad, the host is laughable and I am sure this show's existence will be short lived. Merv Griffin is rolling in his grave.

Well the fall season will soon be upon us so I want to give you my shows that I will be trying to make time for. Most are familiar but there are some new ones.

Heroes - After last season I could not ignore this show. It is easily one of the best on TV.
Battlestar Galactica- Its last season which really doesn't star until next year will grace us with a mini series this November.

The new program I will be watching that shows promise is Torchwood, which has already aired its first season in the UK. Basically the creators of the show wanted a spin off of the long running Dr. Who series with the feel of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "angel". So much so that James Marsters appears. No not as Spike but I hope its an equally good character. The other thing about this show is that some of the characters are described as being "sexually fluid". So there will be more than just a passing reference to Homosexuality and Bisexuality. I long for the day that this can be done well. Lets hope they can pull it off.

I also would love there to be a good sitcom. So far my hopes are on "Back to You". Yes I know it has Kelsey Grammar but so far it looks good, plus there is also Patricia Heaton as well, so my money is on this one.

Lastly for obvious reasons I will try to watch some Biggest Loser episodes.

Well that's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. I had great hope for Temptation, but so far this really pales in comparison to Australia's Temptation, which is the best game show on the air anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on Back to you, although I will be constantly waiting for Niles to walk in...

    You also seriously need to add Lost to your weekly routine... Its X-Files meets Sandals Island resort.... priceless....

    ReplyDelete