Monday, October 8, 2007

So what have I been up to.

Well there was Customer Service Week last week. It was the first time I have actually planned it as opposed to being a participant. It was stressful but I think everyone had a good time. I helped plan and develop the week but alot of the credit needs to go to my co-managers Katie and Elizabeth. I had a lot of training and development for new employees that needed to be finished. The good news is my department is almost full staffed again. It didn't help that last week I was fighting off a cold and in some ways I still feel as if I am still.

Last Thursday was the day that I would hear back from the Biggest Loser if I were to be selected. Since I received no call then I am officially out of the running. Honestly I am not suprised. I know I don't have as much weight to loose as they are looking for. (Never thought I would say that) So now I will continue this little journey by myself. I know other people who have tried out are just going to weight until next year. Or come up for a clever reason to not lose the pounds. I am determined to do this though. I like how I am starting to look and how I am starting to feel. Not to sound vein or anything but I bought some new clothes and I dare say I look positively smashing in them. I had my nice new suit on at the wedding with my new Pink (yes PINK) shirt and Pink Tie. I impressed myself so much I did not care to much about what others thought. LOL But I did pick up quite a few compliments. So tonight I had my last sinful meal. I had splurged on a steak and cheese with fries. Real bad, I know, I suppose its a good sign though that I was not able to finish it. Tomorrow all healthy again and I will be starting to work out more often not just jogging/power walking.

Also got to cut down on the booze. I think I have had something to drink every night since Thursday. Thursday was the CS Dinner so I had a couple of Mai Tai's, but after wards were a few drinks at a local place for a couple of pints of Guinness. It was cool though I got to chat with a friend I haven't seen in a while. Granted we work together but we are in entirely different departments now. Its odd how these things happen. Anyways as it turns out he lives right down the road from me so I am hoping to get together with him again soon.

Friday was the last day of CS week and I was a bit frazzled by the end of it, but I still knew I was heading to a party that night so it made it bearable. My friend Nikki's Bachelorette Party was interesting to say the least. It didn't quite go the way we expected but what does. No there was no stripper. We did have fun though and I met several new friends. Jill, Susie, Sarah and Meagan. If your reading this we should get together some time. Your all cool people in my book. We ended up going to dinner at Zuzu right next to the middle east in Cambridge. It was too late to get to our original destination of the Elephant Walk. We all had fun just the same. It got a little loud later on but we started to head out by then. The drinks and company were nice but no one would have benefited from getting trashed that night so we called it quits before things got out of hand.

Saturday brought the main event. Nikki and Mario's wedding. It was a nice all be it Catholic ceremony in St. Patrick's Church in Watertown. I am heartily familiar with the Catholic Church but many of my friends were a little odd with it. The ceremony was small and sweet and I shed plenty of tears when I saw her. She was beautiful. To say anything more would take away from the site I saw and do no justice to how she looked. The reception was held at the Hotel@MIT. Which is a rather nice swanky place in Cambridge. I was impressed with everything, from the jazzy outdoor cocktails, to the TIE fighter groom's cake, to the Vegan Dinner, and the Music. I found myself dancing more than most people their. Oh well. Seth was gracious enough to accompany me so we were both able to make a nice night of it. Also got a chance to meet up with an old acquaintance who I have been getting to know more in the past few months. Greg and his man Gary were up for the event and it was nice to see him. I hope to maybe get to see him in November when I travel down to NYC. Greg if your reading this, had I known you were going to The Alley after I would have joined you guys but we just weren't up for more dancing. There's always next time though.

So that was a late night. Sunday Seth and I met up with his friend Brendan at King Richard's Faire. It was fun, usually I go once a year but this year I got to meet a couple of people who actually work behind the scenes. I learned a little about the hierarchy that exists. LOL We all went out for drinks and dinner later it was a great time, plus we were able to see the Red Sox win and unfortunately the LA Angels of Anaheim lose. That name doesn't exactly run off the tongue what was so bad with the California Angels? So it was a busy weekend for a busy week. So much so that all I wanted to do this morning upon getting up was just lay in bed and listen to the rain. Alas that old work ethic kicked in though. I will get a break at the end of the week though. I am going out Thursday to see Wicked. It should prove to be fun. In the meantime I am trying to work in Dinner with some friends and maybe see the new Elizabeth movie when it comes out Friday. I will have the day off so I think I can find the time.

Well that is all for this evening I want to get some rest after all so I'll talk to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment