Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween or Samhain

It all depends on what type of Pagan you are.


Since I have no kids, don't get any kids, and am not trick or treating myself, I had decided to go out tonight. I can't think of anything much more fitting than going to see Sweeney Todd. Normally I simply ignore the stream of junk e-mail that comes in to me, but I got one e-mail from ticketmaster about the special deal and decided to take them up on the offer. I have several friends who also wanted to take part so it will be a nice night out.


So yeah the blog had been kind of slow lately since I never know what to talk about anymore. I don't think anyone wants me to lament about my love life anymore, and I know sports is out of the question (eventhough I really did not consider it), what do I have left? How about my health. Yeah thats been bothering me lately. Not that I am going to keel over next week or anything but nothing is more distressing than going for a physical (as I did a couple of Fridays ago) thinking that everything will be ok and then finding out differently. Now I know that I have basically turned myself around and have become healthier all around so it would figure that I start to fall apart at the same time. Basically a couple of tests came back a little wonky about my kidneys. I am far from needing dialysis but it did warrant more testing. Which is why today I found myself getting an Ultrasound.


As ultrasounds go this one was disappointing. I am sure the sonographer is well trained and qualified in her field, and I know that she really is not suppose to be telling me anything specific but she did not have to be so frigid. It was not my idea to be laid out on a gurney, jellied up and proded all morning. (snicker away Elizabeth and Melanie). Could you have least had a bed side manner? Would it have killed you to be a little nicer. Anyways I guess I won't find out anything until my Dr. reviews the findings. Hopefully this was just all a false alarm. Anyways more tomorrow I promise.


3 comments:

  1. good luck with the tests...

    I had to have an echo a couple of weeks ago - went back to work smelling like ultrasound gel even though they tried to wipe it off. I couldn't help but thinking I smelt like a hospital all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm, noting a distinct lack of updates.... at least if you had come up to VT like I begged you then you would have an excuse for no updates!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're okay.

    I have a raging cold (and lost my voice!) courtesy of Sweeney Todd "cough all over your head" woman.

    I'd like to put her in a pie.

    ReplyDelete