Friday, October 12, 2007

A Wicked Good Time

Well last night had crappy weather but even that could not dampen the evening. I had a nice dinner at Legal Seafoods and dessert at Finale. Then it was off to the Opera House to see Wicked.

I was accompanied by Mom who wants you to know that she is cool and I am not a loser for going out with her.

The show was great and the more I think about it the more I liked it. Definitely some pertinent themes throughout it. It was clever how they weaved in different characters of the original movie. I won't spoil the story for those that have not seen it. Needless to say there was more going on before and behind the original story of the Wizard of Oz.

What the evening did do was reignite my desire to go to the theater. Something that I have only done off and one during the past few years. There are a bunch of shows coming up that I am thinking about seeing, so if anyone wants to get together let me know. Some that pique my interest are Spamalot, Avenue Q, Mamma Mia, Sweeney Todd, the Devil's Teacup, and a half dozen more.

More Later.

1 comment:

  1. Now that I am happily enjoying my chinese "Voyager" bootleg DVD's, I really think we should make a play about our favorite Borg. Knowing the nicknames we had for her in college, IMAGINE the songs we could come up with........

    ReplyDelete