Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back by popular demand . . . & Stock up on bottled water and canned goods.

OK so I know I haven't posted a blog in the past couple of days and you've been asking so nice (Melanie). So here we go:
Today is the last day I'll be 29. Tomorrow I'll be 30 and I am starting to come to terms with it. Now I'm more afraid of what tomorrow will bring for the rest of the world. Take a look at some of the events that happend in the world on January 17 starting in 1977:
1977 - Convicted murderer Gary Gilmore is executed by a firing squad in Utah, ending a ten-year moratorium on the death penalty in the United States.
1982 - "Cold Sunday" in the United States sees temperatures fall to their lowest levels in over 100 years in numerous cities.
1991 - Gulf War: Operation Desert Storm began early in the morning. Iraq fires 8 Scud missiles into Israel in an unsuccessful bid to provoke Israeli retaliation.
1994 - A magnitude 6.7 earthquake hits Northridge, California; see 1994 Northridge Earthquake.
1995 - A magnitude 7.3 earthquake (known as "the Great Hanshin earthquake") hits near Kobe, Japan, causing extensive property damage and killing 6,433 people.
1997 - A Delta 2 carrying a GPS2R satellite explodes 13 seconds after launch, dropping 250 tons of burning rocket remains around the launch pad. [1]
1998 - Paula Jones accuses President Bill Clinton of sexual harassment. (Remember when it was this easy to start impeachment proceedings)
2002 - Mount Nyiragongo erupts in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, displacing an estimated 400,000 people.
Not to mention the Ice Storms, Blizzards and Record Cold temperatures that happen to fall on my birthday. ( by the way check the forecast tomorrow will be the coldest day we've had this year.)
If anyone is thinkg gifts, here is a little something I have been eyeing. I love puzzles and the harder the better so this little gem is great and for just $200 bucks it could be mine. The Isis is a new puzzle that looks insanely cool and challenging and has some monetary reward to it. To bad I don't live in the UK (yet) I would so be getting this.
Alright enough for now maybe I'll post more later.


Nikki
Happy (almost) Birthday, dahling...
You don't look 30. Just remember that.
Oh, and between you, me, and the world, I'm 23.
Posted by Nikki on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 2:34 PM [Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Martin
Hey G!Happy birthday! Don't worry, it doesn't get any worse when you turn 30. At the most, you just plateau for a while. I've hard that 40 is where it really starts to go downhill!
Posted by Martin on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 5:02 PM [Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Danielle
Hey Handsome! You're only as old as ya feel and you're far from looking close to your age. You have been blessed with the fountain of youth so you look far younger than you appear and 30 is NOT old by many means my friend.Great choice for current listening material-All The Right Reasons happens to be my favorite:) In case I forget, I hope you have a great birthday -you deserve it and how about that tattoo?! :)
Posted by Danielle on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 6:17 PM [Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

No comments:

Post a Comment