Thursday, January 4, 2007

It grows on trees doesn't it ?!

So I got a little more sleep last night, but I didn't get to bed as early as I wanted since I was up fixing and fussing about expenses. I am not really sure how but Brian and I are able to pull off being able to goto Punta Cana for his sister's wedding. Now I love Ellie like my own sister but she had the idea that she would just have a small destination wedding to reduce the cost of a big wedding. So she's getting married on the beaches of Punta Cana, which is absolutely beautiful {that is if you like exploiting third world nations for its natural beauty}. Anyways liberal views aside we thought that it would be a good idea. Well it turns out it may cost her less to have the wedding but it cost us that much more to get to it. So after Brian has left his job, and directly after the holidays we have to cough up about $1200 each to go. She just deferred the cost she was going to pay onto her guests. I think she has realized that it was a little more than she had planned so she is not expecting a wedding gift. I swear I don't know how people do it around here. She lives here in the Fabulous South End (where Brian and I should be living) with her man and she's the VP of training of a Financial company, and her fiancee is a research doctor in biochemistry. Of course they can afford to go to Punta Cana, for the rest of her family, we are just getting by. I was told to treat as a Christmas gift to Brian. Now I love Brian dearly but lately we fore go gifts for each other in favor of gifts for others, and if we do get something we usually go in on it together and it is usually something practical that we need {last year was a dishwasher}. This year I said Frak it I'm getting him an ipod so I got him the new Nano. Anyways to make a long story short {too late} I think we can pull off going to Punta Cana and not put ourselves in the poor house either.
As you may know we temporarily reside with Brian's parents. Its a position I do not want to prolong, and since Brian now has a job I think we should be able to move out come spring after the wedding. Thankfully this winter has been mercifully mild so far since part of our agreement that we offered while living there was to pick up the heating bill. This was before I realized just how drafty the house is and that people have the care free attitude of if your cold turn the heat up! NOOOO! This is God damn New England the heat stays set at a generous 68 degrees in my opinion. If you are cold put a sweater on over that tee shirt. I feel so much like my father its not even funny. The truth is no one in the house has deep pockets so we should not be wasting heat., not that I really think I can change his parents but I have to at least try. I'm not going to sit quietly in my room and not say anything only to be called out when a bill needs to be paid.
Anyways I think we are Natick bound. Its nice and centrally located and reasonably priced, with good shopping and easy access to route 9 and the pike. Plus alot of the rents I have been seeing are comparable to what we were paying in Millis and most are bigger and some come with heat. Needless to say I can't wait. I don't like the moving part but I do like the place of our own again.
So fortunately I am becoming very good with my money, so that by March we will have made it through the big expenses and still have enough to move out on our own again.

No comments:

Post a Comment