Monday, January 8, 2007

When it Rains . . . It Pours

I welcome rainy days. I am not necessarily a big fan of two weeks without sun but rainy days do not bother me as much as the average person. In fact I knod of like them. The only thing I can say that I don't like about them is that people suddenly forget how to drive. Other than that you can rain all day and I'll be perfectly happy. I have been known to open up my windows and just sit and listen to the rain. My favorite is going to sleep while listening to the rain. The five years I spent in Vermont gave me an incredible appreciation for nature, the Northeast Kingdom in fact is an area with the least amount of sunny days in a year. I know some people get seasonl depression but the seasons at least for me made me feel invigorated. You can keep your hot and humid days and give me a crisp windy day anytime. I hate the heat. I would be moving back to VT if it was not for the fact that the job market is insanely tight and they would rather shun me then give a chance on a flatlander from Mass like me. Also people at least outside of Burlington seemed to be a little less than enthusiastic about the whole civil union thing. I know it did not go over well in the Northeast Kingdom.
So why am I melancholy today on a day where I should be all smiles. Well my father's not doing so well today. I guess he had to be admitted to the hospital today. To be honest it was only a small bump in an otherwise almost text book battle with cancer. But it was big enough to cause concern, as of about 5 minutes ago my mother reports he will be coming back home today so that is good but it just makes the day all the more sobering.
On the good side today is Brian's first full day at Whole Foods here's hoping it is the beginning of a new era for him as far as jobs are concerned, because he has had some real winners. At least at Whole Foods he doesn't have to be concerned about being poisoned my Mercury or Arsenic. My only wish is that he will be as successful as he is happy with his new job. Maybe I'll blog more later but now I need to go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment