Saturday, July 28, 2007

Local Storm Report

07/28/2007 0420 PM

Natick, Middlesex County.

Thunderstorm wind damage, reported by amateur radio.


Roof blown off an apartment building on Main Street... and
many trees down across town... and one tree into a house.


That report was taken from the National Weather Service.

As it would figure the apartment building mentioned was/is my building. I was not there when it happened in fact I was only about 3 minutes away. I had just left to got to that party. More about that later. I hit the storm straight on with my car not realizing what I was driving into and what was going on back at the apartment. Route 135 looked like a war zone there were trees down, poles down, things on fire from wires, flooding, and what I could only suspect was roofing and siding from a nearby house. It was bad and driving at one point almost became impossible. Then as quickly as it started it was over.

Apparently here at the apartment though it was a much different story. That tree they talked about also took out an electrical pole with a transformer. So there was no power. Since the roof came off and the rain was so bad water made it all the way down through the building from the 4th floor. Fortunately my apartment was spared. As much as this has messed up my plans for tomorrow I can't help but think how lucky I was. It could have been worse. There was no water damage and that large tree that fell also crashed into a house, so all in all as inconvenient as it has made some things. Its not the end of the world.

I had a good break though from work, I went to my friends Jeff and Sean house where Jeff and I then went to Moe's 30th birthday party. It was good to see everyone. Many of them I have not seen since before all the unpleasantness so needless to say its been months. Yes what I alluded to in the previous post did happen though, but I think I handled it well. I wish I could say I was surprised but I wasn't I was almost expecting. I went anyways because my friends are important to me and I wanted to be there with them.

I don't know if its ignorance or heartlessness, most likely a mixture of both. Brian was there with his new friend. I know its his right to do what he wants but one would think you would want to exhibit a bit of decorum, but alas I may be giving to much credit. I also know I'm not alone in thinking that. But most people don't know that during the past few weeks I have been trying to maintain my distance while still keeping the notion of being friends. It was particularly hard for me this morning upon finding lots of mixed photos that I needed to go through to separate whose photos are whose. After this afternoon's events though, I know longer have to worry about it, because I've answered the question: "If he doesn't care then why should I?" Actually he answered the question for me, and with that realization this will be the last time I mention him here. Who knew that after 7 years we end up like this. Such is the case though and I hope that one day when he actually does grow up he realizes what he's lost. Maybe I'll have forgiven him by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment