Thursday, July 5, 2007

An Update: Christmas in July, And what to do with Nick

Well apparently yesterday was not only the 4th but Christmas because I received a gift. I think the combination of cold, rain, and my current emotional state left we wide open to catching something. I know I did. I'm not sick now, but I see the signs and feel it coming on. I need to stock up on more vitamin water. I knew something was not right when I got up this morning and was tired even after getting a full nights sleep. Then the office is cold, the office is never cold. I'm here in a long sleeve shirt and I'm freezing. I can feel the scratchiness in my throat and general aches and pains. Oh well I should have expected it. Lets hope its the 24 hour type.

Then there is Nick. I don't know whats going on but its not the same between us anymore. I've known Nick for about 5 years now and I see him often, sometimes more than once a week in the summer. Lately though he's lost something and my interest is really beginning to wane. His prices keep going up while his services are becoming boring. Oh did I tell you the Nick's is a restaurant by my work? :) I don't know if I had anyone fooled or not but I guess it may be the cold coming on I'm getting a little punchy. Anyways yes Nick's is becoming not so special anymore, the thing that disappoints me is his grilled chicken. Today I got it in a wrap different than the salad I would normally get. It was not fresh like usual because usually I will patiently wait for some fresh grilled chicken. I also think he changed the marinade, a little overboard on the oregano and not enough on the garlic. Its not like this is the first time he's disappointed me several times in the past and I guess its my fault for going back. I guess if I can pony up the money at Nick's now I can go over to the Depot more.

Talk to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment