Tuesday, July 3, 2007

More Than Meets the Eye


Now lets put aside the fact that I utterly loved transformers as a kid and that I wanted every single one of them. Lets put aside the fact that I saw the movie like 3 times when it came out back in the 80's and that each time I think I cried a little each time I saw Prime die.

(yes this is one of those moments where I will completely geek out)

I just came back from the latest Transformer movie. I have to say when I first heard that they were going to make another movie and that it would be live action I remember rolling my eyes thinking about how they were going to ruin it. I didn't think CGI was up to doing it. Then I heard that Michael Bay was doing it and I had images of Pearl Harbor and then I thought how much of a bomb it was going to be. I purposely did not watch many previews or behind the scenes things to spoil the movie that I knew regardless of how bad it was going to be I would have seen anyways. Come on after all I did see both Fantastic Four movies.

Then I started hearing rumors that they were going to get the guy who originally voiced Prime to do the movie, that was a plus. Then I heard Ludicris was going to be the voice of Megatron that was a minus but then it changed to Hugo Weaving so that improved that. Now I guess the choice of vehicles did not bother me that much. Bumblebee not being a VW beetle was different but it did not loose anything with the way it was written. There was a nice homage to the beetler though. In fact it looked there were a lot of little things they wrote in for fans.

The story was good too, for an action sci-fi flick. All in all it turned out to be ONE SWEET ASS MOTHER FUCKING MOVIE. For those of you that know me thats high praise since its not often I swear. Afterwards part of me was hoping that I would walk out to my car and it would start talking to me. I wonder what the robot version of red jetta would look like? So if any of you are on the fence about the movie just know that I loved and would definetly see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment