Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mission Extended

First off let me just apologize to my readers for my last post. It was a little meaner than I intended it to be. That is not I wanted and not what I have been working on for months to become. Needless to say I will try to keep my future posts more pleasant.

Second an update on the move. Its about 70% of the way done. Because of the damage done to the apartment building we did get power restored, however not to the elevator. I tried to switch my appointment with u-haul but they were still going to charge me so I just decided to go ahead and do as much as possible. Most of my working crew had emergencies that need to be attended to and without much contact info I had not many people I could call. Luckily my friend Mark was still able to show up. It was good that he did because I almost scrapped the whole thing and made reservations with movers. But thanks mainly in part to him and his can do attitude we plowed through and got it done. We focused mainly on the stuff for the storage unit, and got that squared away but because it took us so much time we had to be bring the u-haul back before we could make a trip to the apartment. I brought over a couple of necessities to get through the night but we are going to have finish tomorrow. As much as I hate to do it I had to take the time from work. This weekend has almost been a comedy of errors. Even now I sit here drained and I can't help but smile and feel a sense of accomplishment. This morning I was worried that we couldn't do it, now I'm much better and can't believe we did as much as we did. I know Mark has earned a lifetime supply of shoes though.

Anyways lets hope the elevators are working tomorrow cause one way or another it is all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment