Saturday, July 21, 2007

Moving Day

It is fast approaching. I'm getting stuff ready to go now so next weekend it won't be so bad. I am utterly amazed at the stuff I have, and the progress I have made to down size it all. I still need to get some storage which I will do today. I have decided not to part with my comic book collection just yet. I was talking with someone and they reminded me that I may not want to get rid of something now that I will regret later. They were right I may have no interest now, but that's mostly do to my current frame of mind. I may be making changes in my life and taking it new directions, but I can't fundamentally change who I am. So for now they stay not so much out of investment purposes but more for what they mean to me. It sounds silly but I would regret it if I got rid of them. So they will be going off to storage. I think I'll actually get them taken care of this weekend. I also need to make a trip back out to Charlton this weekend to bring the Christmas tree to my Mom's (yes its fake but its a good one).

All this is leading to next weekend when I actually move. I am planning to get a U-Haul for next Sunday, and if you haven't seen my post on Myspace then you should know I'm looking for help moving. Right now its just me and my new roommate, and I may have a couple of friends with tentative plans to help but the way I figure it the more people I get to lend a hand the faster it will go for everyone. So if you have some time next Sunday let me know and I can promise you that you will be fed, and would have my gratitude. Of course I understand if people have plans but I would not be asking if I didn't need the help.

Other than that I think things are going well. I'm finding things to do to occupy my time, and I am going to get back into my photography. That way I'll be prepared this fall to snap away some good pictures. My parents house is out in Charlton and there seems to be a nice state park there with a lake that I am hoping is going to look great this fall. The weight loss is something else I am going to continue with. I know I am feeling better physically and apparently do to my success I have inspired a couple of other people. I had no idea I could have that impact. I guess we'll see where this goes. I am sure I will do well, where I am moving to has a reservoir that I can walk around right across the street, and since I will be spending time in Boston I will be walking around a lot. Next thing would be to join a gym and focus on building up some muscle. Of course I say this and just saw a commercial for the Phantom Gourmet food festival. I suppose if I'm good I can treat myself.

Alright enough chatting I got to go continue packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment